Introduction to Neighborhood Corner
Welcome to the Corner!
Neighborhood Nexus has developed a new tool to help neighborhoods in the Atlanta region tell their story. It's called Neighborhood Corner and it allows you, literally, to put your neighborhood on the map. While Neighborhood Nexus is, and will continue to be, a data-heavy site, with new data coming online all the time, we realize that data doesn't often tell the whole story. Neighborhood Corner allows the other side of the story to be told.
By combining pictures, videos, documents with hard data, a clearer understanding of neighborhoods will emerge. Since this platform is free for everyone to use and see, other communities can learn what your community is doing about a particular issue. For example, if illegal dumping is a problem in your community, you can explore Neighborhood Corner to see if other communities have the same problem and learn what they are doing about it.
Using "Corner" is easy. Simply sign up to create an account. Once you have a username and password, you can begin creating stories. There is a red asterisks next to a couple of fields - those fields require something to be filled in. Here are the basic steps:
- Put a headline on your story (in the "Title")
- Choose the area you are writing about on the map (zoom in and click the map and a marker will be placed). You can tell a story about the whole region - just place the marker anywhere...
- Type in the name of the neighborhood (if someone else has already written about the neighborhood, it will "auto-fill" in.
- Select the county where the neighborhood is located
- "Tag" the story - e.g. describe what the story is about with a few key words ("illegal dumping", "tires", "eyesore")
- Write the story
- Tell others what your community is doing about the issue, or what you think should be done about it ("What Can Be Done")
- Upload pictures, videos, documents or map images you created on Neighborhood Nexus' interactive maps
- That's it! You're done.